Welcome to North Shore Affinity, our little piece of paradise on Oahu's legendary north shore. New construction, new high-end furnishings, a fantastic location, and an affordable price combine to make the Affinity studio an unparalleled home-away-from-home experience on the north shore. The epic Velzyland surf break and beautiful crescent-shaped sandy beach that surrounds it are just a 2-3 minute walk, famous Ted's Bakery is a five minute walk, and the postcard-worthy Sunset Beach is a 5 minute bike ride. (two bikes provided)
This detail-rich single-page site offers rates, availability, interactive floorplan, location info, FAQs, and more. Simply scroll up and down this page or use the menu buttons to jump to a specific section. Then contact us to reserve!
Here on Oahu, you're either in "town" or in "the country." Town is all of Honolulu/Waikiki, with its high rises, people on top of eachother, and gnarled bumper-to-bumper traffic. Our location is the opposite of that. The anti-Waikiki.
Simply being out of the town mess is great. But the north shore, specifically, is where it's at! Endless sand beaches, the world's best waves, a laidback surfer vibe, and anchored by the coolest little town around, Haleiwa.
A: In effect, yes it is. The studio does, however, sit atop the garage of an adjacent home (occupied by a wonderful family). The driveway / parking area is the lone shared or non-private space. Affinity guests receive a dedicated parking space that's within a few feet of the studio's entry stairs.
A: There are two more traditional options, and one perhaps less-than-traditional option. Most would likely choose to sleep on either the sofa or the twin sized air mattress. The less traditional choice (though guests have relayed to us on more than one occasion that it's been done) is the outdoor lounge set on the covered lanai. There's generally a great breeze out there, so we can see how it appeals to some!
A: We recognize the potential for guest's coming and going at "odd" times of the day and night. As a result, we have established all processes and procedures to make you 100% self-sufficient during your stay. It all starts with the reservation - once the deposit has been received, we email a confirmation that includes the property address, directions from the airport, parking instructions, the code to the lockbox for keys, and a phone number to call in the event of any problems. Once guests are settled in, everything inside is fairly straightforward. However, there is a house guide to assist you in the event that you have problems finding something or figuring out how to use something. As for check-out, once again, guests are completely self-sufficient - simply hang up the keys, lock the door, and you're off!
A: There's an assortment of amenities that don't appear in photos:
* One off-street parking space
* Outdoor shower, featuring hot water
* Surfboard racks, located inside a secure ground-level area
* Washer and dryer (outdoors but covered)
* Two bikes, with helmets
* High-speed WiFi
* 42" flat-panel TV
* Fully-stocked kitchen w/ coffee maker, toasters glassware, plateware, pots, pans, baking sheets
* Lots of linens: bedding, bath and beach
* Beach gear: masks & snorkels, boogie boards, beach chairs, cooler
* Hair dryer
A: Yes! There is large grocery store, Foodland, about a five minute drive from the place.
A: For security purposes, we only provide our address once a reservation has been made. That said, we're quite near Ted's Bakery, and so benchmarking off of that famous establishment in Google Maps will give you a good sense of our proximity to whatever it is you care to see.
A: It's really quite simple, but we'll lay it out here in excrutiating detail!
(1) using the contact form below, you tell us your desired dates and number of guests; (2) we send you a PayPal invoice - with rental agreement attached - for a $200 non-refundable deposit; (3) you pay the invoice; (4) we email you a confirmation with all of the necessary arrival info; (5) sixty days prior to your arrival, we send another PayPal invoice for your balance plus $250/unit refundable security deposit; (6) you pay the invoice; (7) you start counting down the days 'till paradise!